Friday, May 16, 2014

Morph

"Because I'm still scared. And no matter what happens tonight, when I leave, I don't want to be scared anymore." - Dre Parker, The Karate Kid

I'm tired of being afraid. Of a mind that's brimming with worries. Of allowing myself to take crap from other people. Of not having the courage to go out there and live life to the fullest.

The realization happened gradually. I still don't know what to make of it; I feel like I'm still finding my way in the dark. But I'm loving the feeling. I'm slowly becoming the guy that I didn't think I could ever be.

Coming of age. Late as it is, but I'm thankful I arrived in this stage regardless of the timing. I still hope it could have happened earlier, as I count all the opportunities I missed. But, as the old adage says, better late than never.

I've begun to embrace what embodies myself. To improve on the areas that need it. To stand my ground and have faith in myself. To seize the opportunities to be brave and to face my fears. To not be held back by anything, be it the real or the things that are just conceived in my mind.

What will become of me in the future? For the first time in my life, I'm excited to discover.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment