Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Little Christmas Tree

Finally I endeavored to put up our Christmas tree. I originally planned to do it earlier this month, but busy work schedule prevented me from doing so.

I don't know how it came about, but I have this thing for Christmas trees. I remember that our first Christmas tree was a foot tall. I recall that with its 35-set lights and Christmas balls and garlands to match, it was always richly decorated. I was I think 5-6 years old then, but at that young age I already started tinkering with how mom decorated it. I can imagine now how perplexed she was when one Christmas I filled the tree with Astro-boy figure cut-outs.

Our second tree was not much of a tree, in a sense that it's not patterned from pine but instead made of dried twigs. I was not very happy with that, but I can still recall how much I was tinkering still with how it was decorated.

Our third tree, which is still our current one, we bought when I was graduating from elementary. It is six feet tall, and at that time it was super tall for me, only to find out a few years later that it will be just a few inches taller than me. My dad and mom took me along to buy it, and I think we picked well. The same is the case, I will always tinker with it, and I think my mom and dad got used to it that finally when I was in college they left me alone to set it up. I can remember a time when I stayed up all night setting it up, and watching MTV in the background. (Cable TV was new at that time).

Well this time it took me 5 hours to complete it. I had a challenge with the lights and some of our decor were soaked; we discovered that apparently the cabinet where they are stored had a leak from the recent typhoons. I had to make adjustments, but in the end I was happy with it. At the first few minutes when I turned on the lights I was smiling like a child for quite some time.

Here is the version this year:





Merry Christmas everyone! Have a warm and meaningful celebration y'all.
 

12 comments:

  1. Ang ganda ng pagkaayos. :) Maligayang Pasko rin JM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kaw na martha stewart! lolz

    merry xmas ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite a history with your Christmas trees. Well I just think the Astro boy cut-outs was a great idea.

    Merry Christmas JM!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come to think of it, onga ano. not to mention that twice a bulb from the Christmas lights exploded because i tinkered with them too. haha.

      hope you had a meaningful Christmas dude. :)

      Delete
  4. The only three that we have is something that you can place on your side table while the family is watching tv. :D

    I am fan of big Christmas Trees, it has been a dream to also create mine. :D

    Merry Christmas from my family to yours, JM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gawin mong goal next year!

      maraming salamat, LJ. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey have a merry merry poet christmas!

    (may twitter ka ba)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wala e. if you need to contact me dyan naman email ko sa profile. :)

      Delete
  6. great list...perfect background music during emo time...

    ReplyDelete