Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sentimental

Christmas day. It was quite late when I woke up, having slept at 5am the night before. But I was anxious to be fresh before I start hugging and greeting everyone a merry Christmas. Good thing they were not finished preparing the usual Christmas breakfast so I had a few minutes to spare to take a bath. We had a hearthy meal of spaghetti, hotdogs, and ham, and quite a heavy dose of fruit salad for dessert. My sister-in-law to be also joined us; that to-be is on February next year when she marries my younger brother. Then we exchanged gifts and took pictures, and then afterwards finished Elizabeth II The Golden Age which we watched over the meal. Then the afternoon saw me sleeping, yes, the whole afternoon. That's how much I was sleep-deprieved. It was still a great Christmas. The only lacking is that my youngest brother is in Cebu, he is assigned there for work. It's sad because it's the first Christmas that we were not complete.

Anyway, towards the end of the day I got kind of sentimental, and was wanting to connect to someone, you know, just talk over the phone, share that nostalgic feeling. But alas I don't have someone to have that talk with, so I settled on just quietly winding the night away, then go through my list of to-do's that I intend to finish before the vacation ends. I am thoroughly impressed with my new earphones (Phillips SHE7000BR Extra Bass) that I tried in on the cp radio. Browsing through the radio stations I came upon a memorable song. On better days it doesn't usually trigger that same feeling, but on my more vulnerable days the emotions succeed in creeping in. This is one such day.

...

Later edit: I was in the course of finishing the rest of the entry when I got the feeling that it became too personal. And a bit long, that some deserve an entry of its own. Most probably I will write about them anyway. In any case below are them memorable songs.



 Deep Inside of You (Third Eye Blind)

 Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw (Regine Velasquez)

 Collide (Howie Day)

 By Your Side (Sade)
(addendum: this almost made me cry just now..)
 
 Summer Paradise (Simple Plan)

I Won't Give Up (Jason Mraz)
 

8 comments:

  1. that happened to me just recently, just when I was about to end the all night partying during our Christmas celebration.

    ung tipong may gusto kang kausapin just to tell the person how your Christmas went and all the good stuff you want to share. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! and to also know how their Christmas was.

      Delete
  2. But Christmas is always sentimental.

    (Yep nandito na ko I left the country last Nov 06, kelangan na umalis ng bansa eh)

    I really tried na abutan ng Christmas (12 midnight) sa moving train kahapon. I wanna cry. I also wanna laugh how sadist I could get with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sabi ko nga sentimental naman lagi ang Christmas. haha!

      kaw na ofw. haha. adik ka rin, sadyain daw ba na abutan ng Pasko sa tren. haha.

      Delete
  3. ay...i was supposed to put here my comment pero sa kabila ko nalagay...sa lil xmas tree post mo...

    i just wanted to say that you got great list of sngs perfect for emo mode...

    happy holidays sayo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.

      indeed. laki ng tama ng nga kantang yan sa akin. gets the best of me when i am in my most vulnerable.

      Delete
  4. Ui By Your Side. I love that song, it reminds me how good it feels to fall in love LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. parang perfect song ng expression of love. pramis naluha talaga ako nung pinakinggan ko siya while doing the post.

      Delete